Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wolverine at the Movies

It was the first day of the long awaited X-Men movie. The country has been salivating over its release date, waiting for the big event. I too was the same. It was My brother, a friend named Nick and me. We decided to go extra early to get tickets and wait in line for a good seat, 2 hours early. It was a 10:00 movie on a Friday, at Mesa Grand AMC, it was going to be a great crowd. The kind of crowd you want to see a movie like this.

With a movie of this magnitude, I had to show my own support, so I began searching through my clothes and household items, for a Wolverine Outfit. I got a leather jacket and a couple of layers of clothing, matching Wolverine in his casual attire, like when he was in the bar bare-knuckle fighting. It was pretty much exact with a few variations. Then I did my hair up like him, and had already been sporting the Wolverine like sideburns, (by choice.) The outfit was nearly completed except for the claws. I got out the aluminum foil and made some antimantium claws. I was set.

We headed over to the movies and got in line for the tickets. At the ticket booth, the woman, asked her usual ticket booth attendant response, “For what movie.”
“What do you think?” I said, while giving her a fist full of claws up against the window, showing that I mean business.
She laughed, “Right, how many?”
“Count my claws.”
She gave us the tickets and headed into the lobby, getting in line that had already formed for the 10:00 movie. We were somewhat near the front, which was good. We waited for an hour and half, with all of the other fellow X- Men audience, who were all gazing at my aluminum claws, with a smiles and a laughter.
They finally let us into the theater. The theater was stadium seating so we found our seats on the aisle on the left side just below the middle and waited.
It was time, about 10 minutes for the trailers and the movie are about to come on. I leave and head down the stairs and exit toward the left of the theater and went to the restroom. I walk into the bathroom quickly look in the mirror, half chuckled and headed back in, but this time I enter on the right side and walk all the way to the front of the theater, my head is down and my claws are positioned up against my stomach, to make it unnoticeable as possible. I walked right up against the movie screen and could easily touch it. I kept walking until I got to the middle of the theater, turned to the audience and in one motion I crotched down bringing my claws down at my side and slowly rose up, shooting my claws up into the air in front of me, roaring to the audience.
“RRRRrrooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrrraaaaaaggghhhhh!!!!!”






The whole theater went dead silent, absolutely not a peep. Quiet and still. Then a long moment of a mute audience was suddenly interrupted by a single clap, then another and another to an explosion of screaming out “Yeah!!!”, and cheering, clapping, laughing and hollering. I smiled and shot my left hand back up in the air and returned to my seat, with audience getting louder and louder.
I sat down with a huge smile on my face in awe of an emotion that I can’t describe.
The people sitting in front of my turned back to me, “That was funny.”
Then a gentleman came running up the stairs to my seat, and on the stairs next to me, “Oh man, that was awesome! Hey listen, I work at a comic book store, and was wondering if you can come in and if I can take a couple of pictures of you to put up on the wall. I’ll give you some discounts on stuff at the store. What do you say?”
“Sorry bud, I am heading out of town tomorrow, going to the Grand Canyon.”

No comments: