Friday, July 3, 2009

Adrian's Attempted Robbery at Knife Point

It was a Monday at 6:30pm, little before sunset, I was waiting for a friend outside his apartment building(he wasn't there.) Like near Western and Hollywood Blvd (in Hollywood). I was texting on my phone, when this black guy comes up the sidewalk and then walk way to the glass door, he bumps me and then tries to open the door. The door is locked, he takes a step back and says, "hey man give me your money and wallet." and then pulls out his knife, it a steak knife (it's sharp kind).



"Sorry man I ain't got any" I say while I am texting, and give a grin.



He says me again, "Give me your money."

"I ain't got anything."

He puts the knife back in his pocket and looks around. 3 black guys are walking toward us from across the street. He goes, "See Those guys , those guys have guns and are coming over to blow your fucking head off, if you don't give my your money right now."

"Oh yeah," I kept texting.

The 3 guys keep walking by, just so happens they weren't with him.

Just then an older woman is exiting the building, she opens the door and walks in between both of us and down the walk way.

The door slowly shuts. While I easily could have just stepped right in, I opt to stay outside with this fellow as I continue texting.

He pulls out his knife again, "Where's your wallet at man? give me what you got." He looks me up and down from where he is standing.



"I ain't got. Sorry man, I ain't got it." I kept texting.



"Give me your money" He puts his knife back in his pocket. "What's up with you man? You a cop?"

"Nah, man." I raised my eyebrows I grin and kept texting.

The guy slap his head and storms away frustrated, "Maaann," he grunted.

No comments: